America Has Come to a Crossroads
Paul E. Vallely
MG, US Army (Ret)
How and can America recover from it its economic, political and cultural spiral? It seems or appears too many of us here and abroad that the United States is in a continual downward spiral but the challenges can be overcome and we can recover and spiral upward! How many more scandals do Americans have to endure to express a “no confidence” vote in our national leadership? And now the VA scandal spreading like wildfire through this over-bureaucratic, incompetent organization. What we are witnessing is “Highly Organized Negligence”
The stakes are very high for our upcoming, younger generations and they must be included and self-motivated to understand the crossroads and ensure we do not implode. But how do we get there and what do we do collectively? We need new leadership with vision and common sense more than ever to chart a new roadmap for America.
Having had the opportunity to meet with many members of our younger generations over the past year, I am encouraged by their changing vision of America. I call this group the thirty-year olds (25 -40 years of age) who are the future of this great country. I notice more serious discussion of our country’s dilemmas and concern for their future and that of their children. I am not an alarmist but when I turn on the TV each day and watch the news and I see and hear very few positive reports of our government leadership and their inability to solve the nation’s problems, I worry more than any time in my life. The amount of TV/radio and newspaper interviews that I do per month forces me each day to keep up with the national and international news.
The most serious questions I get are variations of different themes:
- Are we approaching the end of the United States as we have known it?
- Can we ever recover? And how long will it take? What pain must we endure.
- Are we in a decline or are we just transitioning to a different America.
America is asking these questions more regularly and with more urgency and anxiety. These are not normal times and the stakes ARE VERY HIGH and time is of the essence.
The Constitution requires that all laws must be faithfully executed, but far too many are not and have not been executed by the Executive Branch. Nor has the Oversight Power of Congress been exercised to ensure Executive Leadership enforcement of United States laws. These self-serving political failures have become destructive to the well-being, liberty and happiness of most American citizens. It must be recognized that “New Guards” for future personal safety and National Security must peacefully be put into place by citizens beginning with votes at the ballot box. Failed leadership can no longer stand if the Constitution and the Republic are to be preserved for our children and all future generations.
Cicero said it best…..
“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly.
But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.
For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men.
He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
The facts (factoids – like Obamacare) are now becoming more recognized with the most recent dastardly additions of: countless political deceptions, lies, national economic destruction, purposeful job-killing, the demise of America’s middle class, no Administration help for the massive unemployment of Americans plus the politically purposeful illegal alien invasion of the United States. Along with forty percent of the people within the fifty state borders who are receiving food stamps. This all is treason to each separate state and to the citizens within the several states and it is perpetuated by the elected and appointed inside the Washington DC beltway.
An extensive analysis has been taken into the several national crises by Stand Up America and its “Americans Project”. We who care greatly about the Republic, the People and the Constitution know now that action must be taken. Necessary and workable solutions have been developed to help solve and fix what has without question stunted our Nation’s ability to clearly, legally and peacefully function as a Constitutional Republic. All should remember that we are “Americans First” before we are Democrats, Republicans, Libertarian, et. al. Just say it to yourself, “I am an American First” – how good does that feel?
I had the opportunity to announce the birth and launch of an extraordinary movement, “Women at War for America,” at the MI-CPAC Freedom Summit held at the Ramada Hotel and Conference Center in Lansing, MI last week After my address, I remarked how invigorated I became after conservative activist, Arleen Allen introduced him to her conservative colleagues, Lila Bradley, Karen Faett and Sharon Lollio, all of whom described various efforts to attract women to conservatism by factually demonstrating that less government regulation and lower taxes create opportunities for women and their families.
“The ‘War on Women’ is the mythological theme of the Left/Progressives and the liberal media’s latest attempt to create an ‘us v. them’ mentality among our citizens and voters. When speaking to these American women, I recognized that they possessed the passion and conviction to combat this insidious attempt to divide. It came to me then. These women would be an army, and their weapon would be truth. There is no war on these women. Instead, they would be waging the war as the Women at War…for America!”
“What a privilege and honor it is to have Gen. Vallely bestow this level of confidence in us, and designate today as the beginning of a movement which will sweep the country,” said Karen Faett, President, 21st Century Women’s Alliance of Michigan, who recently appeared on Fox 2 Let It Rip Weekend refuting the War on Women, calling it a fabrication by those seeking political gain. “We are wholeheartedly committed to policies and priorities that improve the lives of all women, and look forward to working with like-minded women from across the country to improve the status of women,” stated Lila Bradley of Farmington Hills, Michigan.
The first “Platoon” met with MG Vallely in Lansing, exchanging ideas about how to carry the bold message that being united as Americans and having less government regulation benefits women and their families. Its mission is to encourage women to embrace conservative principles, and to help disseminate the truth in order to protect future generations from the dismantling of our Constitution.
Join the movement and form a “Platoon,” in your State. More information will be published on www.standupamericaus.org web site
KEY NATIONAL ISSUES that must be solved if the separate and collective States of The United States of America are to become economically solvent, remain peaceful and nationally secure are:
- The Constitution of the United States as originally established and amended will remain in absolute and total effect. The original XIII Amendment as written and ratified is an operational Amendment and will be adhered to immediately. (The original XIII Amendment was falsely hidden by less than honorable men of the times). Congress shall make all laws necessary for carrying into execution the Powers authorized in the Constitution and that all bills for raising revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives. Constant Congressional leadership oversight will be maintained at all times. All Laws requiring Executive action will be faithfully executed upon receipt from Congress by the President and appropriate departments and selected agencies of Government under the President’s sworn responsibility and authority.
- A strong National Defense of well-trained Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Forces maintained with proper equipment that can deter any enemy or fight and win if deterrence fails will be assured by both the House and Senate of the US Congress for the protection of “We the People” and the preservation of the Constitution and the Republic. Readiness at all times will include a total joint strike force capability to win if Congress declares war against any and all threats to the United States. The United States Military will in no way be used against United States Citizens. To do so will trigger expeditious Congressional actions to immediately and permanently remove anyone exercising such orders from elected or appointed office.
- The United States Government cannot rebound from the man-made economic crises without satisfactory employment for a majority of American citizens. In turn, satisfactory and sustainable employment for American citizens simply cannot be achieved with the excessive tax rates that now exist for US businesses and the American people. All political plundering of the people’s wealth via taxation will be stopped. Our banking system and wealth management has been corrupted with the 1913 establishment of the Federal Reserve System, placing monetary and economic control in the hands of a few (now partisan) individuals. The Federal Reserve System will be abolished and all US Government financial and economic functions will be turned over to the US Treasury including the coining and printing of currency and the issuing of currency. US green-back bills will be printed and a one –for- one exchange to replace Federal Reserve notes will take place.
- The IRS will immediately be abolished and that form of US government taxation will cease and desist. A zero-interest National Debt will be established at the US Treasury and a GDP annual growth limit not to exceed 3% will be tied to the previous year GDP growth. A transition to a “fair or flat” tax must be accomplished as a priority.
- The Illegal Alien Invasion of the United States will be stopped with a Secured Borders Double Fence on The US Southern Border and more Border Guards stationed on the Northern Border. All US borders will be further controlled and severe penalties (financial and incarceration) for employers who hire illegal aliens. Foreign countries will have named financial and trade restriction obligations to the United States for all of their citizens who come over US Borders illegally. There will be absolutely no jobs, no social services, no welfare nor medical services allowed to be provided to illegal alien invaders. (Emergency medical care only will be provided until they deported to home from which departed). American jobs are for US citizens, returning military veterans, part time high school students and the elderly. When US employers cannot find workers and can fully justify seeking foreign workers, Government permission will be granted for hiring temporary foreign workers.
- The DHS with functions for national security and FEMA for emergencies have both grown far beyond the intentions of reasonable and responsible leadership control, budgeting, manpower, equipment and facilities. Deceptive political intentions for the potential use of facilities, weapons, massive purchases of ammunition plus military-type vehicles and railroad cars are greatly objectionable to American citizens and an insult to the economic deficit of the Nation. America’s leadership needs to be well-versed with the Active Military, County Sheriffs, Local Law Enforcement and National Guard overall capabilities within the continental limits of the United States that can handle any and all emergency situations, foreign or domestic, that might be faced. The DHS will be disbanded and certain functions will be merged into the Department of Defense (DOD) and the Department of Interior (DOI). The FEMA name will be changed to “The National Emergency Agency” (TNEA) and manpower will be greatly reduced and merged into the DOI to be used for national emergency situations only.
- The Department of Energy will be abolished and certain specified oversight functions would be moved to the Department of Commerce and to the States.
- The Department of Education will be abolished and its functions and all funding responsibility will be returned to each individual state, territory and the District of Columbia. Education, kindergarten through grade twelve, is a fundamental right for American school-age children and is a responsibility of county or city taxpayers to insure funding for that right. Citizen school children in far too many public schools have been denied that fundamental right to an education due to handicaps in classroom and interferences caused by countless non-English speaking children plus overcrowding and scarce tax dollars used to accommodate illegal alien school children. In addition to US Borders becoming secure, the 5 to 4 decision by the Burger Supreme Court that allowed all who choose to attend American taxpayer-funded schools regardless of citizenship will be revisited using Chief Justice Burger’s dissenting opinion as grounds for new litigation.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) will be abolished with responsibilities and functions removed to each individual state. Conflicts will be resolved at the Department of Commerce while working with the states.
- In addition, selected Agencies will be moved from the National Capitol area and disbursed into the interior for cost-effective and long-term security reasons as well as seeking more diversified hiring of high quality civilian personnel throughout a larger portion of the Nation. (Rust-belt areas of high unemployment in the mid-west and other locations of far greater physical expansion capability will be given priority consideration for these moves and jobs.
- The partisan and destructive partisan Affordable Health Care Plan will be repealed and replaced with a market based system and pre-2009 Medicare Programs will be fully reconstituted. Necessary changes and revisions to the existing Social Security System to ensure self-funding.
- The Executive order that allows unions to exist in government and do collective bargaining in any and all tax-payer funded government jobs will be rescinded.
- The United Nations will be defunded from the excessive monetary proportions US taxpayers have been forced to fund and a strong effort will be made to move this overbearing activity out of the United States. Politicians must come to realize that no United Nations deliberations can override the US Constitution. Move from New York to a location such as Athens, Greece, where the original nation-state was established.
- Begin a systematic process to reorganize the Department of Defense into an organization of National Security that can prepare us for today and tomorrow with “forward strategies” that secure America.
Independent Constitutional Leadership selected by The Americans Project will be that Leadership. It will also become more evident to the voters that the course the Democrats have planned for America is destructive far beyond the imagination. This nation is being torn apart daily as the crises facts become known. Also most disturbing to Americans who care is the fact many are not confident. We the People have a Constitutional Government in place because to this date absolutely no one has seen one document verifying Constitutional qualification of the person occupying the White House. Congress ignores all petitions for a redress of grievances and the Judiciaries at all levels of government have dismissed every attempt at addressing a legal option. The Democrat Party leadership signed two separate and different documents certifying eligibility to run for office as well as re-election eligibility. This is pure and simple elected and appointed sworn politicians run amuck. Enough is enough. If the United States of America and the separate states are to survive these greedy self-serving destructive political onslaughts, new leadership in existing elective offices is a must for every citizen.
Our government (all branches) of, by and for the people has lost control and has led us down a very destructive path of tyranny, corruption, cover-ups and deceit. We have to a degree lost the necessary checks and balances designed to provide an essential balance of power. That has led to a far-reaching federal government and an infringement on states’ rights. We must save the Republic and the country before we get to the point of no return. A National Call to Action is required by all of us to get our country on track! God save the Republic!